Monday 30 September 2013

And then to Akaka Falls

These are a few pics from Akaka Falls, a place thats very special to Rob, Mum and I enjoyed sharing this place with him.

All of us at Akaka Falls
How cooling and refreshing


The falls themselves, hard to get perspective on the size but greater than the drop of Niagara falls




tiny tiny flower about the width of a fingernail

so many beautiful things to look at

Fuscia's growing in the wild

a local I met along the way

Pretty clear what he thought of me!

The BEST tour guide on the Big Island

She wasnt going to let anything stop her from seeing this

A true champion! Super effort Mum!

So as you can see it was a beautiful spot.  It only cost us $5.00 for all of us to enter the park. I was concerned that the walk would be too arduous for Mum, however she did the stairs!  YAY ..shes amazing, over 300 in all.... wasnt exactly a walk in the park for Robin and I so I can only applaud the super human effort from Mums knees.

Promise of new life

Wild purple orchid

Wild Orchid
so many beautiful ferns



No comments:

Post a Comment