Wednesday 25 September 2013

Love and Alohas to everyone

Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii,,some of you who followed our blog last year may remember we spent a week on the Big Island on the Kona side on our holiday last year.  We only got to spend one day over on Hilo side which is where Robin spent his teenage years.He had so many places to show us and stories to tell, it could not be done one rainy day, we decided this time round we would have longer... so here we are....

I had a better flight than Rob, I couldnt wait for the cabin lights to go out and get some sleep, which I did about 6 hours..YAY... I think that weekend before we left just wiped me of the last bit of energy I had to give...

Touching down in Honolulu and catching a connecting flight was very quick, thanks to Robins American passport enabling us to fast track customs and Immigration.  We were soon in Hilo. by 2pm we were at our accommodation and being warmly greeted by our host Morris.


I found this gem of a place on Airbnb.com and what an amazing find. We have a large 2 bedroom house with everything you can think of supplied...I will take pictures later.

After we settled in we took a drive to get some supplies, found a great little fusion restaurant, Vietnamese, Chinese and Thai, main meals under $9.00 ! the food was amazingly good.  ( i have been reading up on the restaurants that the locals use ).  Picked up a bottle of Baileys for $13 and 6 bottles of guiness for $9.00 and we wuz Haaaaapy.

Rob went to bed at 6pm and Mum and I kept each other awake till 9pm,  It was a comedy as one would wake the other one up only to be woken up by the other 5 mins later... we were determined to stay awake till a reasonable time.... we had a HUGE glass of Baileys each ( why woulnt you at that price!) and called it a night... I slept till 9 the next morning, the other two not so good.... sweet alohas everyone.... Julia


No comments:

Post a Comment