Saturday 28 September 2013

A quick trip up to Volcano

I will be updating these pages with pictures, I promise. Julia is probably giving a faithful blow-by-blow of the day, so I might just share some observations.

The road up to Volcano is new(er), wide, fast and different from what I remember. We did see some side roads that took you to fragments of the Old Volcano Rd... and we did go along a bit of it. Something magical about those manicured grass roadsides... memories from "small-kid time". :)

The leeward-to-Halemaumau cauldron section of the crater rim road has been closed off, probably because people were getting sick from the fumes? dunno. But we did get over to Thurton Lava Tubes and the Kilauea Iki overview spot and took pictures and a bit of video. I'm having a few dramas with my lightworks video editing install so it might be a bit before I can get any more video editing but I'll put up what I can, anyway, which is snaps:




No comments:

Post a Comment